ADSM-L

Re: Disaster-Recovery from a hot site. !!??

1999-07-26 20:28:40
Subject: Re: Disaster-Recovery from a hot site. !!??
From: "Kronstadt, Dan" <Dan.Kronstadt AT WARNERBROS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:28:40 -0700
We are trying to figure out how this would work as well. We see this as a BIG
problem for file servers - a little less so for application servers, since we
may install enough bandwidth to run them at the hot site (probably an on-demand
T3 for initial operation in a degraded mode). One alternative for file servers
is to restore the servers at the hot site, then fly them to their usage point.
Not a GREAT alternative ... Now, we have moved adsm from MVS to AIX - next
moving from an SP2 node to an S70 - and will look into a hot-site contract
where they will drop-ship an s70 to our facility. We do have the advantage of a
campus environment, with lots of buildings, including sound stages, as a cold
site ...

I'll be interested to see what other people are doing in this area.

Dan Kronstadt
Warner Bros.
Burbank, Ca.