ADSM-L

Disaster-Recovery from a hot site. !!??

2015-10-04 17:41:28
Subject: Disaster-Recovery from a hot site. !!??
From: Talafous, John G. [mailto:Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Thomas Denier wrote:
>My site performed a disaster recovery test at a commercial hot site in
March

My question involves bandwidth.  Is recovery from a hot site realistic?  Do
you subscribe to both the server and client recovery?  What is your window
of time for recovery?

My situation is that our hot site is in another state.  We will recover our
ADSM server at the hot site but the ADSM clients would be recovered
elsewhere.  The ADSM server would be up and running within 24 hours of
disaster declaration.  The clients should begin recovery as soon as possible
after that.  My fear is that T1 and/or T3 line(s) will be quite inadequate.
Am I off base?  This scenario is kinda tough to test! Any thoughts?  Thanks
in advance!

John G. Talafous                         Sr. Tech. Prog/Anal
The Timken Company                 Phone: (330)-471-3390
P.O. Box 6927                           Fax  : (330)-471-4034
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927
talafous AT timken DOT com     http://www.timken.com/