ADSM-L

TCPWindowsize for Solaris 2.7

1999-07-26 14:17:32
Subject: TCPWindowsize for Solaris 2.7
From: Robert Jarry <jarry AT UTS.CC.UTEXAS DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:17:32 -0500
I don't understand why I am getting the following warning message:

        TcpOpen(): Warning. The TCP window size defined to ADSM is not supported
        by your system.
        It will be to set default size - 33232

I am running the Solaris 2.7 3.1.0.7 client and AIX 3.1.1.5 server.
TCPWindowsize and TCPBuffsize parms are not specified in dsm.sys. I tried
specifying these and still got the warning.

This problem was introduced after upgrading OS and the client. I know this
is just a warning but my concern is that it may be related to a larger
problem in that my scheduler only runs one backup. This is the only error
that is recorded.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Robert

Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Unix Services                            phone:  (512) 475-9330
Academic Computing & IT Services
The University of Texas at Austin