ADSM-L

MAXSESSIONS

2015-10-04 17:41:28
Subject: MAXSESSIONS
From: Fred Johanson [mailto:fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
When I first installed our current server, the default value (25) for
MaxSessions was sufficient for the two hundred MACs spread across the 6 to
midnight window in a number of schedules.  Now that that number has grown
to about 300 and most MACs have been replaced by WinNT boxes, I often run
out of sessions, and schedules fail.  I can't find anything solid in either
the Admin Guide or the Performance Tuning manual to explain what is
involved here.  Is this option tied to memory use? or communication
settings? or something else?  I'm running a RS/6000, model J40, with 768M
of memory over an ATM network.  So where should I look for problems if I
raise MaxSessions to 35 or 50?  Are there any limits to how high this can
go?

All help appreciated.

Fred Johanson
System Administrator, ADSM