ADSM-L

Re: On-Bar FAILS

1999-07-23 18:56:09
Subject: Re: On-Bar FAILS
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:56:09 -0700
I don't know the details, but our DBA's had a problem after a recent update
and here is a copy of what they wrote:

After an Informix database software upgrade, I tried to run
a post-upgrade server backup using OnBar.  It kept failing.
The Informix rep first suggested taking both informix and
the adsm client down & back up.  Harold restarted the adsm client
daemon, and I dropped informix.  Back online, backup still failed.
Rep mentioned the server value.

We ignored him.  I went back to the ADSM Client README and rexecuted
all the steps again.  The 'ar' command rebuilt a larger bar????.o
file, so the new informix software must have put some libraries or
something out there that were no longer compatible and now built a
larger object.

OnBar worked after that.

Our informix tech rep disappeared on me for 2 days before calling back
to see "did it work?"