ADSM-L

CLIENT OPTION SETs in ADSM v3.1.

1999-07-23 08:05:06
Subject: CLIENT OPTION SETs in ADSM v3.1.
From: Tom Haddad <thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:05:06 -0400
I have a good scenario to use CLIENT OPTION SET ...
I have about 30 Netware 4.1 clients over wide area netwarek.

Making DSM.OPT changes can take some time.  Each client has a similarities
like  EXCLUCE/INCLUDE list , communication settings. DOMAIN  but
a difference like NODENAME.
I have played with CLIENT OPTION SETs but not implemented anything.

Heres what should exists??
1. Define an option set (common options) for these clients.
2. Each client also has an DSM.OPT for options unique to the client.

How does the ADSM (client) read the option set when it comes time to perform  a
backup??
When does the option set become 'activated' on the client?

At this time I have to chanage DSM.OPT on each client and then reload DSMC.NLM
SCHED