ADSM-L

Restoring directories versus files

1999-07-21 16:51:28
Subject: Restoring directories versus files
From: Ronald Agema <ragema AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:51:28 PDT
Hello.

What could be the problem?

Scenario:

19 files in a directory called 'data'. Every single file is 25Kb.
We're restoring the directory 'data' with the 19 files using the ADSM
client.

When we select (mark) the files separately (without marking the directory
'data', the restore is completed within minutes but when we select (mark)
the directory, the restore takes up to 1 hour to complete.

Strange?

Ronald Agema

Versions we're using:

ADSM server version: 3.1.2.20 running on AIX 4.3.2.0
ADSM client version: 3.1.07 running on Windows NT 4.0