ADSM-L

Re: Netfinity ADSM server

1999-07-21 17:58:46
Subject: Re: Netfinity ADSM server
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:58:46 EST
Hi,

From all I heard and read, these machines are excellent, with good cpu and
I/O. There are good numbers from www.tpc.org .

Their big problem is operational system. Most of the times Win NT makes a
big mess handling big resources easier than unixes, and also brings up
problems that wouldn't happen in Unix. Service is not so good, comparing
to a general overview of most unix flavors.

I am looking forward to the results of Monterey project
(http://www.ibm.com/servers/monterey/) that could be a good enterprise
solution.

The software differences for ADSM will be minimum, though.

good luck !

Rodrigo