ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and SQL-BackTrack

2015-10-04 17:41:28
Subject: Re: ADSM and SQL-BackTrack
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We use the SYBASE version, and I'm in the process of installing a copy of
the ORACLE version.  We use it for regular backups, transaction log
backups, and moving DBs from machine to machine.  It's, 1., fast, 2., easy
(if you use the command generator), and 3., reliable (our only failures
have been network failures).

At 04:11 PM 7/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Has any one used SQL-BackTrack from BMC.  I want put it between ADSM
>and the client's to Backup SQL and Informix DB's.  I need the
>incremental Hot backup features. Also like the specific object
>restores.  I just need to know if somebody out there is using it and
>is it reliable.

Fred Johanson
System Administrator, ADSM
S.E.A.