ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Backup fail with end of tape error

1999-07-20 17:27:55
Subject: Re: Exchange Backup fail with end of tape error
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:27:55 -0400
Sherry,

>My Exchange Agent backup fail due to end of tape error. My exchange IS
>file is 10G. I run Exchange Agent backup with compression and 6G tape
>used each full backup. I have to update backup tape to read-only
>everyday to let next backup goes to new tape. Otherwise I will get
>following error and backup fail.

The server should automatically continue to another tape volume when the one it
is writing to is filled.  Please ensure that you have latest (or at least
relatively recent) server maintenance as older server levels did have a bug with
EOT handling.

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com