ADSM-L

Re: Core dump / crash

1999-07-20 03:00:23
Subject: Re: Core dump / crash
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:00:23 +0200
Hi Thomas!
I agree with you on this point, but I have some comments.
I understand your reason why you don't want to upgrade to the latest level,
but I believe Richard was referring to a user who was using a 3.1.0x level.
In my opinion it's rather safe to use one or two releases prior to the
current release.
This time the bug reported by Tom Brooks is a rather serious one, but in
most cases new ADSM server levels fix more problems that they introduce.
About testing the software before releasing it: This is always difficult.
Users are reporting bugs and are requesting new features. If we (and with we
I mean all ADSM users) have found a bug we want this fixed as soon as
possible, at least before tomorrow ;-)
One can do a very thoroughly testing to virtually eliminate all bugs. This
would take, what, 6 months or so? Are we willing to wait nearly a year (6
months of testing a 3 or 4 months of development) for a new release?
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon