ADSM-L

Re: selective backup prior to client maintenance?

1999-07-18 04:20:19
Subject: Re: selective backup prior to client maintenance?
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 01:20:19 -0700
It would be nice if ADSM would implement a command like:

   consolidate node_name [active=yes] [file=filesystem] [stg=pool] [pit=xxx]

which would do a collocation for a node of all files or for a selected
filesystem. The collocation could be limited to the active files or to some
point in time. The files could be collocated back to the primary disk pool
or in the primary or copy tape pool.

When a system fails or when doing maintenace, it would be nice to do some or
all of the consolidation while the server is being repaired.