ADSM-L

NTFS subsystem streams

1999-07-16 14:45:55
Subject: NTFS subsystem streams
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:45:55 -0400
I just received the note quoted below from a co-worker involved in supporting
desk-top systems and their attendent file servers.

  I was recently involved in a project to consolidate/convert several
  Macintosh file resources into an NT environment.  To make this work, NT
  Services for Macintosh were involved to make the NT server appear to be
  a Macintosh server to Macintosh clients.  NT uses NTFS streams to store
  Macintosh files properly (a visible filesystem stream holding the data
  fork and an invisible filesystem stream holding the resource fork).

  How does ADSM handle NTFS subsystem streams?

So far, I haven't found anything about NTFS streams or subsystems in the ADSM
manuals. Does anyone know the answer to my co-worker's question?