ADSM-L

HELP!!! Backup archive nodes with admin priviledges

1999-07-16 07:24:50
Subject: HELP!!! Backup archive nodes with admin priviledges
From: Tefo Moreki <TEFOM AT ZA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:24:50 +0300
Lately I realised that when querry administrators, there are strange new
entries in my administrators list. The command 'q admin' lists all
administrators which I have defined, however, some backup archive clients
are also listed in the administrators list. These B/A clients have a
priviledge class of 'client owner' and when I logged on as one of these B/A
clients I realised that I could execute admin querry commands but could not
update anything.

Would any of you know how this came about?
Is this a special feature in the new level of ADSM? (I am running 3.1.2.20
on MVS)
What are the implications of having B/A client with admin priviledges?

Thanx in advance.

Tefo