ADSM-L

Re: Tape Reclaimation Doubts

1999-07-16 06:07:28
Subject: Re: Tape Reclaimation Doubts
From: Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 03:07:28 PDT
But this is not the case, I have taken a new scratch tape
from a recalimation storage pool but still I have reclaimable
data on it.

Any idea why?

Thanks once again,

Arshad Munir

From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:46:15 -0500

     Also (and/or) if you have collocation turned on it will be writing
the
     data to a "filling" tape owned by the same node, which might just
have
     some expired data on it...

     Also in controlling reclamation yourself... I've found it may be
     useful to drive it with administrative scheduled events such as :
     11:00 - upd stg tapepool recl=95
     11:30 - upd stg tapepool recl=90
     12:00 - upd stg tapepool recl=85
     13:00 - upd stg tapepool recl=80
     14:00 - upd stg tapepool recl=100 (to turn it back off again)

     if you make one big jump to recl=80 it might process a bunch of 81%
     reclaimable prior to processing some 99% reclaimable... the above
     method will get you the most, the quickest.

     Dwight

Author:  Rene.Lambelet (Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM) at unix,mime
Date:    7/15/99 8:06 AM

Hello,

could you please indicate the release/level of your server?

Rene Lambelet
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com