ADSM-L

NT and Quota

1999-07-16 04:58:07
Subject: NT and Quota
From: "Jordan, Chris (ELS)" <c.jordan AT ELSEVIER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:58:07 +0100
I have looked through the archives, but I couldn't see anything mentioned.

We have an NT server (NT4, SP4) with ADSM Server (3.1.2.20), which has just
been built. It has just had ADSM configured on it - and we have done a
backup of the database, so we know it is all working OK. Whenever it runs
doing ADSM things for more than about an hour applications (even simple
things like double clicking on a .TXT file) stop working with "Not enough
quota to perform this operation".

If we re-boot it is OK for another hour or so.
If we re-boot and get it to back itself up, then it stops with the same
errors after about 5 minutes.

Any ideas would be very welcome??

Cheers, Chris

Hardware Background:
NT 4, SP4 on a Compaq 6500 with SmartStart and Insight Manager v4.21.
2 x Xeon Pentium II 400 MHz CPU
512 MB memory
4 x RAID-5 9.1 disks for the operating system and database.
24 x 9.1 GBdisks (organised into 6 groups of 4 disks striped) for the disk
cache.
Overland Data Library Xpress unit with 4 DLT tape drives.
2 x 3200 SMART Array cards for the disks.
2 x Adaptec 2944 differential SCSI to the library and drives.
2 x Compaq NetFlex dual port network cards.