ADSM-L

Re: How to do daily ADSM checks

1999-07-15 18:49:19
Subject: Re: How to do daily ADSM checks
From: John Johnson <jjohns AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:49:19 -0700
We backup 1500+ clients spread across the country.  Basically, I have a REXX
routine to automate this.  The routine does a query event w/ the exceptions=yes
parameter against both of our servers, and pipe the output to a log file, which
also gets printed out.  We then take that print out and go through the servers
to determine why they failed, and ensure they have a valid connection for the
next scheduled backup.  I have a second routine that parses through the log
file, and puts the servers into the appropriate makeup schedule for early that
night.

John Johnson
Systems Management

Reinhold Wagner <rwagner AT ZEUNASTAERKER DOT DE> on 07-15-99 10:38:16 AM