ADSM-L

Re: How Can i Tell How Much Data My ADSM Server Backed Up

1999-07-15 16:37:27
Subject: Re: How Can i Tell How Much Data My ADSM Server Backed Up
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:37:27 -0500
     OK, I really can't just slap the code out on the net but in less than
     105 lines of aix ksh scripting I wrote a little program that :

     # this retrieves the accounting logs from remote aix adsm servers
     #      and cuts daily activity summary records for each node

     I just loop through & call this passing it each of my adsm servers, it
     bips out there sucks in the accounting records from the last month,
     cuts out the node names, sorts (unique), uses those to then pull in
     specific accounting records and spits out daily summary records for
     each node on each adsm server... this is my "month end accounting"  I
     have other junk that gets just total server traffic on a daily basis
     but I only get the specifics on a monthly basis.

     AND ARGH! generally even this (as a whole) is bigger than a single
     excel spread sheet will handle (sigh)

     Dwight