ADSM-L

Re: Backup and restore of NT event logs.

1999-07-15 08:14:42
Subject: Re: Backup and restore of NT event logs.
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 07:14:42 -0500
It is possible if you are running 3.1.0.6 (not sure if the command was
supported in 3.1.0.5)

From the command line dsmc> eventb entire

or alternatively you can request that only a certain log be backed up e.g
eventb application , eventb security ..etc..

I don't believe you can code this in the dsm.opt like you can with regback..
(if anyone knows otherwise then let me know).

I suppose that you could code it as preschedulecmd, but I've never had much
luck with this.
Every time I've tried to run a prescheulecmd under NT it has failed. I
believe this is due to lack of permissions assigned to the system account
(which the adsm client runs under). I figured this out when I started up the
adsm service under my own id and the preschedulecmd worked fine.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Nathan