ADSM-L

Backup and restore of NT event logs.

1999-07-15 04:35:57
Subject: Backup and restore of NT event logs.
From: Johan Gouws <JohanG AT HOLLARD.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:35:57 +0200
Hi all
I would like more information on the backup and restore of NT event logs.
I know you can run a backup and restore from  Utilities on the NT GUI
client.
What I would like to know is

1. Is it possible to run this from the command line and therefore include it
in the scheduled incremental backups.

2. When you restore it from the GUI you can't specify a date. Is there a way
that you can do a point in time restore or select the given file from a list
of inactive backed up files.

If this is not currently possible, might it be in future fixes.(IBM
Developers)

I am also investigating the issue from my side because I'm sure you could
possibly dump the logs elsewhere with NT and then back it up.( I'm not a NT
guru so any ideas would be appreciated.)
Thanx
Johan Gouws
johang AT hollard.co DOT za