ADSM-L

Antwort: Netware v4.11 client on ADSM v3.1

1999-07-15 02:16:49
Subject: Antwort: Netware v4.11 client on ADSM v3.1
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT DOMINO.HAINDL DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:16:49 +0200
Hi Tom,

I never had problems like you described. Im running ADSM 3.1.1.5 on AIX
4.2.1 and the Novell Clients are at 3.1.0.5.

Do you use >passwordaccess generate< in your dsm.opt? The default is
prompt.
What is your password expiration period on the ADSM server? The default is
set to 90 days.

I found the best way is to use passwordaccess generate. You have to enter
the password only one time and then you will never involved, even if the
password expires after the password expiration period. The server and the
client will handle taht without any intervention by yourself.

It happend one time, that I run into a similar situation. The reason was,
that an ADSM administrator played around and updated the Novell clients
passpord at the server side. Then the client will prompt you to enter a
password at the time of the next server contact (schedule, b/a command,
etc.).

Hope this will help.

Rainer