ADSM-L

answer to an old question...

1999-07-14 10:41:23
Subject: answer to an old question...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:41:23 -0500
     OK, I can't remember specifics... it was something about wildcards
     with archives to get all *.blah through all subdirectories...
     something like /*/*.out was mentioned, I believe...

     What will work is to specify the highest level directory path at which
     you want to start and code something like:

     archive "/var/*.out" -subdir=yes -deletefile

     this will archive anything ending in .out (and delete the file after
     the archive) from directories such as

     /var/
     /var/subdir1/
     /var/subdir1/subdir1a/
     /var/subdirn/subdirnx/subdiranynumberoflevels/

     Dwight