ADSM-L

Re: Win95/NT Desktop Backups

2015-10-04 17:41:27
Subject: Re: Win95/NT Desktop Backups
From: Yager, Andrea [mailto:Andrea.Yager AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
On a similar note...
Another problem is to keep track of people swapping machines/using each
others machines.

If you use the user's name as the Nodename and don't update it each =
time a
new user uses it you may not be able to perform a restore after a hard =
drive
crash unless you know the Nodename...  We back up 26,000 desktop users
(mostly Win95) across the country with 10 NT backup servers, so you can
imagine it's not easy to find a Node if you don't know the exact =
name...

Any additional questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

~Andrea H. Yager
Enterprise Storage Management/ADSM
(603)431-8400 ext. 55421
SDN# 8-435-5421