ADSM-L

File Expiration Bug on MVS 3.1.2.20

1999-07-09 06:37:48
Subject: File Expiration Bug on MVS 3.1.2.20
From: Tefo Moreki <TEFOM AT ZA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:37:48 +0300
Is there anyone who has had problems with file expiration on ADSM for MVS
3.1.2.20?

The problem we are having is that when we run file expiration (manually) it
run fine but it hangs all other processes (migration, reclamation, bachups,
etc.).
These processes only resume normally after we cancel the file expiration
process.

Is this a known bug??
If so, is this problem remedied in with the ptf for ADSM/MVS 3.1.2.30?

Thanx in advance.

Systems Management and Networking Servives
Email: tefom AT za.ibm DOT com
Tel: (011) 302 8333
Fax: (011) 302 8209
Experience is something you get just after you need it.