ADSM-L

adsm on sun refusing to exclude virtual file space

1999-07-08 15:49:04
Subject: adsm on sun refusing to exclude virtual file space
From: "CANNAM, CYNTHIA (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:49:04 -0500
To all:

Client: SUN Solaris with ADSM 3.1.0.6
Server: OS/390 with ADSM 3.1.2.2

Has anyone had any experience in EXCLUDING a /tmp directory that's actually
a memory resident file system on a SUN box? We've tried everything in the
manual to exclude this particular directory structure, but with each try,
the file system still backs up. This file system is not being shared by any
other physical or virtual entity, so we've discounted any strange pointers,
etc., to the system itself. Any insight is appreciated. (PS, we'll be going
to 3.1.0.7 client soon, but this is a problem occurring now, and it may be a
little while before we actually package the client piece for SUN platform
distribution!)

Thanks.

Cindy

*       Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
*       Southwestern Bell Telephone
*       Systems Manager/Technical Support
*       Open Systems Storage - ADSM
*       (314)340-0722 work
*       (314)879-1696 pager
*       (314)340-0992 fax