ADSM-L

Re: ADSM refusing to backup Solaris 2.5.1 filesystem

1999-07-08 15:28:32
Subject: Re: ADSM refusing to backup Solaris 2.5.1 filesystem
From: "Fluker, Tom R" <Tom.Fluker AT VIASYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:28:32 -0400
I have the same with a Solaris 2.5.1 client... the problem occured with
PTF5, was fixed with PTF6, and now is back with PTF7....  It seems to effect
direct mounts that are picked up by the automounter -- loop back file
systems and indirect mounts don't seem to have the problem.  It will expire
the mounted file systems and, if you don't have "lofs" in your domain, you
will find yourself without backups for mounted file systems.

ADSM support has finally agreed that it's a problem and indicates it will be
fixed in the next PTF (fourth quarter!).  I know there has been much said,
on this list about, quality of the product this doesn't really make for real
happy customers.

Tom Fluker
Viasystems Technologies