ADSM-L

Problems installing ADSM

1999-07-07 21:27:45
Subject: Problems installing ADSM
From: Richard Chan <rchan AT TSPN DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 01:27:45 GMT
I have installed ADSM (I believe the version is 3.1.2.0) on AIX
4.3.2.0. It is a single standalone system. There were no errors during
installation. Whenever I run dsmadmc from the command line and log in
as admin, it immediately replies with:

ANS8034E Your administrator ID is not recognized by this server.
ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.

ANS Highest return code was 53.

I can run /usr/lpp/adsmserv/ezadsm/adsm, which brings allows me to
choose from ADSM utilities, ADSM Server, ADSM Backup-Archive Client,
etc... When I run ADSM Server and Begin Session, it gives me the same
error messages. When I run the Backup-Archive Client, it asks me to
log in as CLIENT. No matter which password I specify (client, CLIENT,
or blank), it gives me:

Node ID unknown to server

When I open the ADSM Utilities and run the Sequential Device
Configuration Assistant, it comes back with:

Cannot continue - Cannot establish a session with the ADSM server.

Please ensure that your ADSM client system file (dsm.sys) includes an
entry for the local ADSM server and try again...

I am attaching the files I believe to be relevant. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

FILES:

# cat /usr/lpp/adsmserv/ezadsm/dsm.opt
* SErvername emc
Servername         localSrv

* nodename   client
Nodename           client

# cat /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.opt
virtualnode        client
Servername         localSrv

# cat /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.sys
*//ADSM_LOCAL_SERVER_STANZA
Servername         localSrv
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   aix
*//END_ADSM_LOCAL_SERVER_STANZA

*//ADSM_TOUR_STANZA
Servername         adsmTour
TCPPort            32767
TCPServeraddress   aix
*//END_ADSM_TOUR_STANZA

# cat /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dsmserv.opt
COMMmethod HTTP
HTTPPort 1580
COMMmethod TCPIP
TCPPort 1500
TCPWindowsize 0
TCPNODELAY Yes
COMMmethod SHAREDMEM
SHMPort 1510
MSGINTerval 1
MAXSessions 25
BUFPoolsize 2048
LOGPoolsize 512
COMMTimeout 60
IDLETimeout 15
TXNGroupmax 40
DATEformat 1
TIMEformat 1
LANGuage AMENG
NUMberformat 1
EXPInterval 24
EXPQUiet No
MIRRORRead DB Verify
MIRRORWrite DB Parallel
MIRRORRead LOG Verify
MIRRORWrite LOG Parallel
MESsageformat 1
MOVEBatchsize 40
MOVESizethresh 500
STAtusmsgcnt 1
ENABLE3590LIBrary No
RESTOREINTerval 1440

# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1               loopback localhost      # loopback (lo0)
name/address
10.0.0.5        aix.ffwd.ca aix local localSrv client#