ADSM-L

Re: WEBSHELL Restore of inactive files

1999-07-02 16:15:32
Subject: Re: WEBSHELL Restore of inactive files
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:15:32 -0700
Hi Jim,

Are you referring to the Web Client? The old Webshell
did not allow restores of inactive files at all. The
Web Client (not to be confused with the Webshell) does
allow restores of inactive files, but there is a known
defect that sounds like your problem. The APAR is
IX89813. If you select the files individually, as
opposed to the directories, then they should come back
okay. Otherwise you'll need to use the command line
interface.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Does any one know if inactive files can be restored
via the Webshell interface. We are attempting to
restore some inactive Netware files. We can select the
directories, but nothing gets restored.

Thanks, Jim