ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:41:27
Hi,

My server platform for this question is 3.1.2.0 (NT), Client
code 3.1.0.6.

I'm attempting to put together a client option set to be associated
with a number of Win95 clients, who may or may not have a "D:" drive
on their machines.

The goal is to allow backups of their "C:" drives only, i.e.
prevent backups of any removable media/CDROM/network drives.

I have been testing some exclude statements to accomplish this,
and have had some strange results:

If I put the following in the dsm.opt on the client, I get what
I would expect, i.e. in the Win32 client, I see the "D:" drive icon.
but no subdirectories beneath it, and any files in the "D:" drive
root visible, but excluded:

Exclude "[d-z]:\*"
Exclude.dir D:\*

But if I define two client options like so:

adsm> define clientopt test inclexcl "exclude '[d-z]:\*'"
adsm> define clientopt test inclexcl "exclude.dir 'D:\*'"

It ignores the second directive (exclude.dir).

What am I doing wrong here?

Also:

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get the following to
work in my dsm.opt:

Exclude.FS D:

To no avail.

Any advice would be helpful.

-Lloyd
          Lloyd Dieter    -      Technical Consultant
          Lloyd Dieter    -      Technical Consultant
          315-687-5549              dieter AT snrgy DOT com
   Main:716-389-1260  http://www.snrgy.com  fax:315-687-7930
--------------msA2FE0FA4CAF01AD5B03D26CF