ADSM-L

Problem with Novell restore

1999-06-23 17:34:35
Subject: Problem with Novell restore
From: Ron Heflin <rheflin AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:34:35 -0600
We're restoring a Novell volume and ran into a big problem.  ONE file in ADSM
storage was corrupt.  There was a backup of the ADSM storage pool and the tape
containing the file was marked 'offsite' so the backup copy was not available..
ADSM ended the restore job saying the file was not available.  It did not give
us any options about skipping the file.  Does anybody know why?

At the time the restore job failed, we did not know the data was corrupt.  That
was found out subsequently by running an AUDIT VOLUME on the tape containing the
data.  If we could have skipped the file, we could complete most of the restore
and go back later and restore the single file when we got it off the stg pool
backup tape.  Any thoughts?  Has anyone else seen this problem?