ADSM-L

SAP Backup SUN / EMC-Time-Finder

1999-06-29 02:35:17
Subject: SAP Backup SUN / EMC-Time-Finder
From: "Kroeher, Wolfgang" <wolfgang.kroeher AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:35:17 +0200
Hello,

we are planing a Backupsystem for our new SAP enviroment.
we will have 6 SUN 10000 running 70 SAP Instances, the database System
ORACLE 8 writes the data into two EMC2 Symetrix 5000 connected with a EMC2
Connectrix (Fabric-Switch).
With Time-Finder (EMC2) we will made a Split-Mirror Backup.
We plan a Gigabit-Lan for Backup.
Overall we must backup 2 TByte of Data.
Now we are search for a Backup System, preferred for me is ADSM.
Has anyone backup experience with ADSM and that kind of configuration ?

thanx for answers in advance

Wolfgang Kroeher

DaimlerChrysler AG
Informationssysteme und
Kommunikationstechnik Systemservice
OR/IKS
HPC: M406 / KST: 5184
70546 Stuttgart
Telefon:        +49 (711) 17-60604
Telefax:        +49 (711) 17-67830
Mobil:  +49(171)3638488
mailto:wolfgang.kroeher AT daimlerchrysler DOT com