ADSM-L

ANS4031S Internal Program Error

1999-06-25 13:26:00
Subject: ANS4031S Internal Program Error
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:26:00 -0400
Richard,

     As usual, you are right on target.  The machine had several files that
were hundreds of characters long.  The files have been renamed and we'll
see how the backups run tonight.

     Thanks again!

                    Ginny

 Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Subject: Re: ANS4031S Internal Program Error

>I thought I had read something about it here recently, but have been
>unable to find anything in the LISTSERV logs or IBMLINK.
Go to www.adm.org to search for it - multiple hits.
From my notes on that msg:
        Can be caused by too long a file name/path name.  In NT, one can
have
        shared directories.  If such a file is then given the maximum
possible
        pathlength (255 chars), that in conjunction with the real NTFS on
the
        disk causes the path that leads to the shared directory to be
longer
        than the 255 char max.