ADSM-L

ADSM own backup-backbone yes or no?

1999-06-25 11:07:44
Subject: ADSM own backup-backbone yes or no?
From: Andreas Buser <Andreas.Buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:07:44 +0200
Hi together,

at the time I am struggling with our Net-people, because of the future
layout of our ATM-Net.

The Net-people try to convince me, that an own ADSM-infrastructure,
which mean an own ADSM-net would give me better performance and less
impact to the users an vise versa.

My opinion is, that giving money to a more powerfull shared net would
give more benefit to users and ADSM. the motto is "1 and 1 give more
than 2"

We are running ADSM on OS/390 2.6 and have as Clients NETWARE with 250
GB, SAP/R3 300 GB, Domino-Servers 50 GB and so on.

Do you have a dedicated Backup-backbone and/or an own net-adapter or do
you backup over the same net as your users work?

Any thoughts pro or again an own ADSM-Net would be apriciated.

Thanks in advance
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser