ADSM-L

Re: Volumes with pct_reclaim = 99.9 do not get reclaimed.

1999-06-24 18:52:23
Subject: Re: Volumes with pct_reclaim = 99.9 do not get reclaimed.
From: Steffan & Pepper Rhoads <arhoads AT PACBELL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:52:23 -0700
Sorry,

I should have caught this before:  ADSM's math is really bad at decimals.  You
can see this if you back-up small files and I think you are seeing it now.  Just
do a move data on those tapes but do report it as a bug since ADSM should have
handled this properly.

You can also see this in other tape operations like when you set the low
migration threshold on a disk pool to zero: ADSM can get to just below 1% and
stop migration since it now sees 0%.

Steffan