ADSM-L

Network Licence not in compliance

1999-06-24 12:50:35
Subject: Network Licence not in compliance
From: Robert A Wilkinson <Robert.A.Wilkinson AT AEXP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:50:35 -0700
We did not purchase a network licence because we are running adsm on the
server we want to back up. This is the only server we are backing up.

Question - I have my local system defined with dsm.opt as follows:

 dsm.opt
Virtualnode        CLIENT
Servername         localSrv

My dsm.sys is as follows:

 dsm.sys

*//ADSM_LOCAL_SERVER_STANZA
Servername         localSrv
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   mkh_aix_prfprd
Passwordaccess     generate
*//END_ADSM_LOCAL_SERVER_STANZA

*//ADSM_TOUR_STANZA
Servername         adsmTour
TCPPort            32767
TCPServeraddress   prfprd
*//END_ADSM_TOUR_STANZA

Since I do not own a client licence I am getting messages in my log saying I
am not in compliance with the licensing..

I assume I am getting this because it knows CLIENT as a network client and not
the local server.

Is there any way to change the CLIENT into a proper local client/server so I
am in compliance and not lose all my backup info for CLIENT??

My local host is running HA/CMP with 3 active ethernet ip addresses but I
guess the local hostname I need would be "prfprd"..