ADSM-L

Re: archive migration

1999-06-24 12:25:33
Subject: Re: archive migration
From: Dan Laden <dladen AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:25:33 -0700
I have already started backing up to the new node name.
But, based on your information I still have a chance if the user did
not archive to the new node.

I can rename the new node to some temp name and then rename the old
node to the the current name.  Is this doable?  Is renaming the node
instantaneous or does the server have to churn for a while updated file
pointers.  If churning, any formula to figure the time to convert?

I would delete the old node after the new(original) has been active for
30 days.

Does this sound correct?
Dan Laden

Dan,

if it is not too late, simply rename the nodes
(RENAME NODE <old-name> <new-name>).

If it is too late (new nodes are already registered and occupy space),
EXPORT and IMPORT is the only way I know of.

Dan Laden writes:
 > hello,
 > management decided to change node name convention.  With this, I
have
 > dead file spaces.  I am not concerned with the backup filespace but
 > need to migrate the archive filespace from the old node to the new
 > node.
 >
 > any ideas?
 >
 > Dan Laden

Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische
Wilhelms-Universitaet
Zentrum fuer Informationsverarbeitung - ehemals
Universitaetsrechenzentrum
Roentgenstrasse 9-13, D-48149 Muenster, Germany      Tel:
+49(251)83-31583
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                       Fax:
+49(251)83-31653