ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:42:38

Problem 1:  Will have to contact the vendor on this one (I have found that they are very responsive.  The e-mail id for support is support AT veritas DOT com

Problem 2:  I have found that the session terminates when the idle timeout is exceeded (you can check your options idletimeout, maybe adjust it to be a bit shorter?) and the media is released when the devclass mount retention period ends (q devclass whatever f=d).  We are currently testing in a lab and are using a manual tape drive and do not have a lot of activity (so I'm not sure if you have contention for the tape drive that is causing you a problem).  Do you have manual drives or a library?

Problem 3:  I did have a problem with this prior to installing Storage Migrator maintenance level 2.5.2 we had to stop/start the recall service to get the recall to complete.  If you contact support, they can get you the maintenance you need.  All is working well now for us.

Problem 4:  I think this is one support will have to answer.  I haven't seen this error.
Problem 5:  If you create a recall job for all files you will be back to the original configuration with no migrated files - we did this to assure that we could remove Storage Migrator if we needed to.

Hope this helps...

      -----Original Message-----
      From:   Leandro Carneiro Torres [mailto:ctorres AT SERVICE.COM DOT BR]
      Sent:   Tuesday, June 22, 1999 5:06 PM
      To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
      Subject:        Problems with Storage Migrator

      Folks,
      I installed Storage Migrator for NT and ADSM Server for NT and I have a
      lot of troubles with this environment.

      Problem 1:
      - The Storage Migrator have the exclude option but don't have the
      include option, why ????

      Problem 2:
      - When I access a file, the HSM get this file from the ADSM Storage
      Pool. To do this, one session is open in the ADSM environment. After the
      recall of the HSM file, the ADSM session remains open and the ADSM media
      remains locked. This is wrong !!! And the only way to unlock the media
      is stopping the HSM Service. How can I resolv this problem ???

      Problem 3:
      - I can recall the migrate file in the same machine that the file
      exists, but I can't recall this file from another machine that access
      this migrate file !!! Why ???

      Problem 4:
      - Sometimes I have the following error that makes the HSM to stay in an
      unavailable status:
              "Mirrored file for 02.mdb contains invalid data"
         How can I fix this problem ???

      Problem 5:
      - How can I clean the HSM Migrate Files and start the process again from
      the beginning ???

      Thanks any Help,
      Leandro.

      Leandro Carneiro Torres - ctorres AT service.com DOT br
      Service IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
      Curitiba: (041) 339-3076 ou (041) 262-8320
                    Rua Romano Bertagnoli, 655
                    CEP 80710-060 - Curitiba - PR
      Sao Paulo: (011) 3040-1960
      Porto Alegre: (051) 212-3666