ADSM-L

Yet another way to crash an ADSM server...

2015-10-04 17:42:38
Subject: Yet another way to crash an ADSM server...
From: Dwight Cook [mailto:decook AT AMOCO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
     Its probably just me but...

     Anyone else notice that if you rename a client node, then later want
     to delete its file spaces (so you can remove the node) that the delete
     file space process will run for about 1 second, then ADSM crashes !

     Back when we were running into the "couldn't insert row into archive
     description table" during a client archive, which was due to the
     client having used the GUI... my quick fix was to rename the client
     node (added an "o" to the end of its name) then redefine the client
     and have them perform their archive again.  Well now I have renamed
     nodes, whose original node name no longer exists on the adsm server
     and it still crashes the adsm server code while trying to delete its
     file space.  It does it for both "del filespace nodename
     somefilespace" and also for "del filespace nodename *" (at least it is
     consistant ;-) )

     anyway... just a note

     Dwight