ADSM-L

Linux client based on a newer PTF level?

1999-06-18 04:31:06
Subject: Linux client based on a newer PTF level?
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:31:06 +0200
Hello,
one of my users has a problem with the Unix client. He gets error
message ANS4032E which says it cannot restore a file because it should
be compressed but is not. The APAR number is IC19915.
Unfortunately, this bug is fixed with 3.1.0.5 PTF level. But the
available Linux client is obvioulsly older. Is there a chance to get a
Linux client based on a newer level?

Furthermore, IBM has issued a number of statements regarding the
support of Linux for a number of software packages. E.g., on
http://www.software.ibm.com/data/db2/linux/ there is the following
statement:

"Linux has quickly become the most talked about platform for e-business
-- and with good reason. Linux offers users stability, functionality
and value that rivals any platform in the industry. Millions of users
and value that rivals any platform in the industry. Millions of users
world-wide have chosen Linux for applications from web and email
servers to departmental and enterprise vertical applications."

I would be glad if ADSM development could reconsider there policy for
support of Linux in the light of above remarks.

Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany