ADSM-L

Admin password protection

1999-06-17 12:29:34
Subject: Admin password protection
From: Lauer Edouard <Edouard.Lauer AT BIL-DEXIA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 18:29:34 +0200
Hello,

we have put our admin password for ADSM in a file on an
AIX 4.2.1. This file is used to automate job scripts for managing
the ADSM server. Problem is that this file can be accessed by
everyone who is root and that makes a lot of people for me (about
10 persons). Is there any way to encrypt the password or to do
those scripts via C executables?

Thanks a lot for your help,
______ Prod. informatique ____ Systèmes Ouverts ________
__ * +352 4590 3889 __ * Edouard.Lauer AT bil-dexia DOT com __

An electronic message is not binding on its sender.
Any message referring to a binding engagement must be confirmed in writing and
duly signed.