ADSM-L

trouble printing certain LL_NAME values

1999-06-16 17:42:22
Subject: trouble printing certain LL_NAME values
From: Mira Jung <mira AT SEAS.UCLA DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:42:22 -0700
Hi,

I'm having problem with certain values stored in LL_NAME field
in the backups table.

If I do "select * from backups" within the dsmadmc command,
the troublesome LL_NAME value will print as show here:

        HL_NAME: \BACKUP\
        LL_NAME:

                  $PROPOSAL.DOC
      OBJECT_ID: 123923

Notice that the LL_NAME value doesn't print on the same line
but it prints after extra blank line so I assume that the value
contains a new line character.

If I try to use -COMMA option with dsmadmc to output the results
with comma separated, then the report will abort when it runs
into this field containing this troublesome LL_NAME value.

Could someone explain why the LL_NAME field has this kind of value?
And how I can get around the problem?

Thanks so much for any help,

Mira Jung
mira AT seas.ucla DOT edu