ADSM-L

identification of objects failed in ADSM backup

1999-06-15 17:01:02
Subject: identification of objects failed in ADSM backup
From: Barbara Andrews <bandrews AT ERIE1.WNYRIC DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:01:02 -0400
I'm new to ADSM (server is Version 3 Release 1 Level 0.2 on MVS) and have
installed the client on several Windows 95 machines as well as two Novell 4.1.1
servers.  As of now we are doing backups of all files on these machines (i.e. no
excludes).   One of the resulting messages included in the activity log at the
end of each of the backups is:
           ANE4959I (Session: ....,Node: ....) Total number of objects failed
For most of the clients the number given in this message is 1 more than the
number of ANE4007E messages that are received identifying an error processing a
particular file.  And in the case of the most recent 1st time backup of a Novell
server, the number of objects failed was 70 and there were no ANE4007E messages
issued.
I would really like to know what is not being backed up.   Is there anywhere
that I can look for this information?  I don't know if I haven't found the right
place to look yet, but the ADSM manuals are not helping me.