ADSM-L

retrieving the latest archived files...

1999-06-14 15:02:09
Subject: retrieving the latest archived files...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:02:09 -0500
     OK, I think I'm screwed but I'll ask anyway...

     I have specific file names... some 2,000+ and I need to retrieve back
     the latest archive.

     if I just say "retrieve blah -replace=yes"  on some files I get 35
     versions brought back, each overlaying the earlier one,  sigh...
     (2,000+ times 35 equals something I don't want to see)

     I don't really know when the last archive was and I don't really want
     to query them prior to doing a retrieve...

     I guess I could use a fromd of 7 days back and a tod of current date
     but this would only limit me to possibly bringing 7 copies over...

     Why oh why is there not a -latest parameter with the retrieve cmd...

     later,
           Dwight