ADSM-L

ADSM-server on a single box

1999-06-14 14:58:49
Subject: ADSM-server on a single box
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:58:49 +0200
I'am planning to move our ADSM-server from our SP to a single box.

ADSM config this moment:
server on a SP wide node (512Mb mem, AIX 4.2.1.0);
attached is a 3494 with 6 3590 drives (SCSI);
daily backup's/HSM between 80 and 100Gb with peaks up to 160Gb;
(mirrored) adsm-database (10Gb);
disk-pool 4Gb (only used by remote machine's with slow network connection's);
> 120 scheduled nodes (excluding PC's);
backup/HSM data 15Tb.

I'am thinking about a F50 with AIX, with at least 2 processor's, 1Gb memory,
a lot of diskspace (100Gb?) and ESCON-interfaces to the 3590 drives
(which actually will be upgraded to 3590E in about a month).

Does anyone have experience with these kind of configurations or does anyone
have a better solution or a better idea?
Any hints and tips will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Henk ten Have
Academic Computing Services Amsterdam