ADSM-L

Silent Install Not Working

1999-06-14 14:13:20
Subject: Silent Install Not Working
From: Mark Mooney <Mark.Mooney AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:13:20 -0400
We are trying to get a silent install to work here and everything appears to be
going fine untill near the end of the install, the Backup client icon appears on
the desktop and then it dissapears and the install begins to remove its files
and then quits.  Where can i look for error messages?

Here's a copy of the batch file we are running.

Setup.Bat

NET USE I: \\Servername\ADSMINST
I:
CD\
XCOPY I:\Weekly C:\ADSM\Weekly /E /C /I /F /H /R
COPY I:\INSDLSVC.BAT C:\ADSM\INSDLSVC.BAT
COPY I:\INSWKSVC.BAT C:\ADSM\INSWKSVC.BAT
COPY I:\SOON.EXE %SYSTEMROOT%
NET START SCHEDULE
SOON 900 C:\ADSM\INSDLSVC.BAT
SOON 930 C:\ADSM\INSWKSVC.BAT
CD \ADSM Client - 3.1.07
cd .\disk1
setup.exe -s

INSDLSVC.BAT

C:\ADSM\BACLIENT\dsmcutil install /name:"ADSM Daily Scheduler Service"
/clientdir:C:\adsm\baclient /optfile:C:\adsm\baclient\dsm.opt
/node:%COMPUTERNAME% /password:adsm /autostart:Yes /machine:%COMPUTERNAME%

INSWKSVC.BAT

C:\ADSM\BACLIENT\dsmcutil install /name:"ADSM Weekly Scheduler Service"
/clientdir:C:\adsm\weekly\baclient /optfile:C:\adsm\weekly\baclient\dsm.opt
/node:W%COMPUTERNAME% /password:adsm /autostart:Yes /machine:%COMPUTERNAME%

Thanks in Advance
Mark Mooney