ADSM-L

Large number of objects

1999-06-09 09:02:39
Subject: Large number of objects
From: Steve Watson <steve.watson AT XINETICA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:02:39 +0100
I am working on a system which long term will store 10 million files on SSA
RAID - yes that's million !

We obviously will not want to execute incremental style backups against these
files due to the delays in scanning for date/time changes during this type of
backup, but we will still have a fairly large number to backup on a daily basis
- approx 25,000 avg file size 200k.

Does anyone have experience of these kinds of voumes, or any performance stats
on anything that can be scaled to give us some idea of what kind of performance
we can expect.

I suspect we will have to do some testing sooner than later.

Regards
Steve Watson.
Technical Consultant. Xinetica Ltd