ADSM-L

Exclude option in dsm.opt for Netware ADSM ver 3.1.2

1999-06-09 03:06:49
Subject: Exclude option in dsm.opt for Netware ADSM ver 3.1.2
From: Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:06:49 +0200
Hi all,

I have been trying to set a file exclusion rule in an opt file on one of my
servers, in order for specific files not to be backed up. Using a Selective
backup, as I could not get EXCLUDE to work when using an Incremental backup.

Previously, I had :

EXCLUDE SERVER\VOLUME:/PATH/FILE_NAME

And this does not seem to work anymore.

I changed it today to :

EXCLUDE SERVER\*:.../FILE_NAME

Will this do what I want ?

And why does my exclude not work in an Incremental backup ?

TIA,

Mike Glassman
System Admin
Israeli Airports Authority
Ben-Gurion Airport
http://www.ben-gurion-airport.co.il

Tel : 972-3-9710785
Email : admin AT iaa.gov DOT il

Usage of this email address or any email address at iaa.gov.il for the
purpose of sales pitches, SPAM or any other such unwanted garbage, is
illegal, and any person, whether corporate or alone doing so, will be
prosecuted to the fullest possible extent.

***** Disclaimer *****
This file has been scanned for viruses.
Any files attached and opened by you are at your own risk !! Remember, the
Israel Airports Authority is NOT responsible for any damage or destruction
caused by files sent to you and opened.
For information regarding scanning files attached to this email, contact 2772.