ADSM-L

client in DMZ

1999-06-08 11:33:45
Subject: client in DMZ
From: Patrick Novak <Patrick.Novak AT PO.STATE.CT DOT US>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:33:45 -0400
I have a unix box in our DMZ (outside the firewall) that I want backed up,
prompted
mode, by a server running on os/mvs inside the firewall.  When adding the client
the servers schedule of backups, all that's given is the nodename and password.
Normally, when the client fires up it passes it's ip address, which the server
later
uses to contact the client. However this client is unable to send packets
through the
firewall to the server. Is there any way to manually configure the clients info
on the
server to enter an ip address that is not able to be passed from the client??
TIA
Patrick Novak
Dept. of Info. Technology
State of Connecticut