ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V3 and SQL support

1999-06-04 15:11:11
Subject: Re: ADSM V3 and SQL support
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:11:11 -0400
Tom:

Use the DISTINCT keyword, like this:

select distinct node_name, class_name  from backups where node_name='TESTNODE'

Rich

At 02:15 PM 6/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Ive been reviewing the database tables to produce this report...
>
>A list of all nodes and what mgmtclasses  are in USE by each (bound) ...
>
>Example..I have one specific server where most of the data is bound to the
>default mgtclass but has 4 more mgtclasses used in its INCLUDE statements for
>specifics directories.
>
>If I have, say, 30 mgmtclass across all domains, there is not easy way to see
>which nodes are using what ..or bound to what!!!
>
>When I run this query say against one node I get a long list (too much)...!!
>Looks like the long list is reporting on all directory structures for that
>node.. I just to see each unique mgmtclass for that node once.!
>select node_name, class_name  from backups where node_name='TESTNODE'

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203