ADSM-L

ADSM/NT Client V3.1.0.7 and Custom SilientInstall - Success!!

1999-06-02 17:33:26
Subject: ADSM/NT Client V3.1.0.7 and Custom SilientInstall - Success!!
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:33:26 -0500
I wanted to let everyone who might me interested know that I've done some
testing with the new ADSM/NT V3.1.0.7 client and its installation with the
"silentinstall" option.

I'm trying to install V3.1.0.x on top of an uninstalled V2.1.0.6 client as an
effective upgrade.  We install to a custom directory, we don't install the admin
client and multimedia files.  I didn't try V3.1.0.6 because of the problems
reported on this forum and I couldn't get a silent install to work with the
V3.10.6Q fixtest.

However, I'm happy to report that I was able to run a silentinstall with
V3.1.0.7 the first time, and so far, every time.

I haven't done any additional testing yet and I specifically want to see how it
works with NT Service Pack 4 (because I've seen lots of complaints on this forum
with no apparent results).

If anyone else does any testing with this client level, please let me know.

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha